Self-love is a nice concept but oftentimes, it’s hard to know where to start. It took me four decades to figure this shit out. Here’s your cheat sheet. Practice hard and it’ll take you four weeks, MAX.
At some point, all girls and women have a choice to make. It’s gonna be YOU or society. We can’t have both. In choosing you, you give yourself permission to self-love.
Using the list below, do one thing daily to keep yourself on the path forward—the one that ends with you loving and respecting you.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Treat yourself like you would a friend.
- Eat foods that fuel your brain and body.
- Sleep 8-10 hours each night.
- Exercise for 30 minutes a day.
- Manage your negative thoughts.
- Find flow through creative expression (write a poem, sing a song, dance like nobody’s watching).
- Use your gifts to make your community a better place.
- Learn something new (read for 30 minutes, watch a TED Talk, listen to a podcast).
- Write a gratitude list.
Love truly is an action word. Take action today.